Firmware Version 1.3.0 incorporates the following enhancement:
1. Support for the RF24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM lens has been added.
This firmware update is for cameras equipped with firmware up to Version 1.2.0. If the camera's firmware is already Version 1.3.0, this update is unnecessary.
When updating the firmware of your camera, please first review the instructions thoroughly.
It will take about 6 minutes to update the firmware.
1. You can download the latest version of the instruction manual from our Web site.
2. Images captured with the EOS R running firmware version 1.3.0 along with the RF24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM lens can be properly displayed with these applications available for download from our website.
- Digital Photo Professional 4.10.40 or later
- Picture Style Editor 1.22.40 or later
- Digital Photo Professional Express 1.1.30 or later
You can download the latest versions of Digital Photo Professional and Picture Style Editor from our Web site. You can also download the latest version of Digital Photo Professional Express from the App Store.
3. When the EOS R is used with the RF24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM lens the phenomenon listed below may occur, however the actual exposure control is not affected.
A. When the aperture is changed from the maximum aperture by an amount equivalent to one click only, the display of the aperture value may not change in some cases.
B. In addition, when switching between still shooting and movie shooting, the display of the maximum aperture value may change.
Preparations for the Firmware Update:
After the downloaded compressed file (.zip file) is extracted, a firmware folder is created.
In the firmware Version 1.3.0 folder you downloaded are the firmware (File name: EOSR0130.FIR / File size: 33,927,488 bytes) and the instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish, and Simplified Chinese). Before starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to carefully review these instructions.
(The following is the history of past firmware updates.)
Q: Are the improvements from previous firmware versions included in Firmware Version 1.3.0?
A: Yes, the following improvements from the previous version are included:
(Previous) Version 1.2.0 improvements:
1. Supports Servo AF when shooting still images.
2. Now available when shooting movies regardless of "Movie Servo AF" setting.
Small AF Frame Size
Supports Servo AF when shooting still images.
3. Now available when shooting movies regardless of "Movie Servo AF" setting.
4. Under certain conditions the electronic level displayed in the electronic viewfinder did not display properly.
5. Under certain conditions information displayed in the electronic viewfinder was not properly rotated.
6. Under certain conditions updating the firmware for the wireless file transmitter WFT-E7 was not possible.
(Previous) Version 1.1.0 improvements:
1. Support for "continuous shooting" is available when "silent shutter" has been enabled. *)
2. Corrects a phenomenon in which an error may occur if there is a large number of files in a specific format on the memory card.
3. Corrects a phenomenon in which an error may occur when silent shutter has been enabled.
4. Corrects a phenomenon in which horizontal linear noise may occur when using specific lenses together with certain recording image quality settings.
5. Corrects a phenomenon in which the information displayed in the viewfinder may become abnormal.
*) When using the continuous shooting option when silent shutter has been enabled with the RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM lens, it may be necessary to update the lens' firmware version. If the lens' firmware version is Version 1.1.1, please download the latest firmware version (Version 2.0.0) or later from Canon's Web site to update the lens firmware.
All software, programs (including but not limited to drivers), files, documents, manuals, instructions or any other materials (collectively, “Content”) are made available on this site on an "as is" basis.
Canon Marketing (Philippines) Inc., and its affiliate companies (“Canon”) make no guarantee of any kind with regard to the Content, expressly disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied (including, without limitation, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement) and shall not be responsible for updating, correcting or supporting the Content.
Canon reserves all relevant title, ownership and intellectual property rights in the Content. You may download and use the Content solely for your personal, non-commercial use and at your own risks. Canon shall not be held liable for any damages whatsoever in connection with the Content, (including, without limitation, indirect, consequential, exemplary or incidental damages).
You shall not distribute, assign, license, sell, rent, broadcast, transmit, publish or transfer the Content to any other party. You shall also not (and shall not let others) reproduce, modify, reformat or create derivative works from the Content, in whole or in part.
You agree not to send or bring the Content out of the country/region where you originally obtained it to other countries/regions without any required authorization of the applicable governments and/or in violation of any laws, restrictions and regulations.
By proceeding to downloading the Content, you agree to be bound by the above as well as all laws and regulations applicable to your download and use of the Content.