Disclaimer on Canon Printer Products
- Seamless printing, scanning and copying can only be achieved when both black and colored ink cartridges are properly installed onto your printer. This remains true even one of your ink cartridges is empty.
- Printing monochrome documents will still consume a minimal amount of colored ink depending on the print settings and paper type. It is necessary to replace the ink cartridge once it runs out.
- PIXMA printers regularly perform cleaning every time the printer is turned on and off. Although this consumes a small amount of ink in the process, this is natural and is designed to keep the printer in its top working condition.
- Due to continuous product development, spare parts for Canon printers are only available for approximately 3 years after its product discontinuation (phase out). Once this happens, Canon may recommend that the printer be replaced with a new model with different ink cartridges and accessories.
- The warranty term for free repair is one year from the date of purchase. This does not apply to supplies (paper or ink tanks/ cartridges) even within the warranty term.
- During the Warranty Period and provided that the Product was used under normal conditions, you will be entitled to the repair service of the Product and replacement of parts free of charge arising from defects in the materials and workmanship of the Product (fair wear and tear excepted), save as the following circumstances in which Canon Marketing Philippines Inc., (CMPI) shall exercise its sole and absolute discretion to determine and CMPI’s decision shall be final, whether to charge a service fee:
- Where valid proof of purchase and/or warranty card are/is not presented (except where it can be proved that the free warranty period has not expired);
- Where damage was caused by a Product which is altered from the product structure or specification as stated in the package and user manual.
- Where damage was caused by the use of parts / accessories not produced by Canon.
- Where the Product was not used, repaired or maintained in accordance with the user manual (damage caused by using the Product not within the controlled environment including but not limited to expiry of specified rating, abnormal changes or inappropriate voltage, current, electromagnetic and public circuit etc.);
- Where damage was caused by accidental damage (including dropping or water damage) or improper storage (pest infestation such as mice, cockroaches, etc.).
- Where damage was caused by repair, transformation, decomposition, or cleaning carried out by an agent not authorized by CMPI or by the customer himself / herself;
- Where the model or serial number of the Product recorded on the proof of purchase or warranty card is different from that recorded on the Product;
- Where non-genuine ink, refilled ink or continuous ink systems were used on the product (whether or not damage was caused by such use);
- Where damage was caused by using pirated software;
- To obtain the best possible printing quality, consume ink within a maximum of six months after installation.
- Use of non-genuine ink*, refilled ink and continuous ink systems may have a negative effect on the performance of the printer and the printing quality may suffer. In addition, there have been few reported cases that the print head heats up and emits smoke when used with non-genuine ink. Print quality cannot also be guaranteed with the use of non-Canon photo paper.
- CREATIVE PARK PREMIUM is a premium content service available exclusively to users only when all colors of Canon Genuine Inks are installed.
- A Canon printer with fax function stores the following fax data in printer’s memory:
- Faxes not printed out due to conditions such as no/ low ink levels
- Faxes in the send queue.
- If the power cord is disconnected, the date and time settings are reset and faxes stored in the printer’s memory will be deleted. Ensure that all pending fax messages are printed before disconnecting the power cord.
- Canon Marketing Philippines’ standard one year warranty is only applicable to printers purchased from authorized dealers within the country. Canon Marketing Philippines reserves the right to turn down the free repair service during warranty period should the company determine that said printer was not purchased in the Philippines.
For PIXMA P200 printer
Canon Marketing Philippines (CMP) will implement the following guidelines in handling non-confirming machines:
For units within warranty: If the machine is defective and needs its spare parts to be replaced, the Service Center shall proceed with the replacement of unit. The replacement unit does not include the replacement of bundled inks.
For units out of warranty: If the machine is defective and needs its spare parts to be replaced, the Service Center shall offer the Trade-In / Trade-Up program to the client.
*Inks made or purchased from other countries are not compatible with printers from the Philippines (regardless if they are genuine or not) and vice versa. Using inks from other countries may compromise print quality. Damages caused by incompatible inks will void the warranty.
Factors that affect page yield
- Frequency of switching the printer on and off
- Type of file (i.e. text, photos, graphics, etc.)
- Frequency of performing print head cleaning
- Paper type
- Print coverage
- Settings of the printer (standard mode vs. draft mode)
Reason for error
The media type and paper size are not set correctly.
This error occurs in P200, E400, and E460.
Press the printer’s [ON/RESUME] button to cancel printing, change the media type or paper size setting, and then print again.
NOTE: When the media type is set to “Glossy Photo Paper” or “Photo Paper Plus Glossy II”, it is not possible to print A4-size photos.
Media type and sizes
When the media type is set to Photo Paper Plus Glossy II:
Set the paper size to 4”x6” 10cm x 15cm (Windows) / 4"x6" (Mac), or 5”x 7” 13cm x 18cm (Windows) / 5"x7" (Mac)
When the media type is set to Glossy Photo paper:
Set the paper size to 4”x6” 10cm x 15cm (Windows) / 4"x6" (Mac)
When the media type is set to Envelope:
Set the paper size to Envelope Com 10 (Windows) / Envelope #10 (Mac) or Envelope DL (Windows / Mac)