Changes in the Firmware
Firmware Version 1.1.5 incorporates the following fix:
1. Corrects a phenomenon in which when using the camera with the EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II USM lens, even if lens aberration correction is set to "Enable", correction will not be applied.
Firmware Version 1.1.5 is for cameras with Firmware Version 1.1.4 or earlier. If your camera's firmware is already Version 1.1.5, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
When updating the firmware of your camera, please review the instructions thoroughly before you update the firmware.
Preparations for the Firmware Update:
After the downloaded compressed file (.dmg file) is extracted, a firmware folder is created.
*Extracting the downloaded file:
The downloaded folder is automatically extracted, and a firmware folder is created. If the download folder cannot be automatically extracted, double-click the folder.
The extracted folder contains the firmware (file name: 1D400115.FIR / file size: 12,874,588 bytes) and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish, and Simplified Chinese).
Before starting the firmware update operations, please confirm the contents of the download, and carefully read through the firmware update procedures.
(The following is the history of past firmware updates.)
Q: Are the improvements from previous firmware versions included in Firmware Version 1.1.5?
A: Yes, the following improvements from the previous version are included:
(Previous) Version 1.1.4 improvements:
1. Resolves the following phenomenon: when the camera is not attached to a lens, power consumption may be higher than usual, causing premature battery drain.
2. Resolves a phenomenon in which "Err 02" may be displayed when the shutter is released without a lens attached.
(Previous) Version 1.1.3 improvements:
1. Enables the center AF point to autofocus when the camera is used with the EF 200-400mm f/4L IS USM Extender 1.4x lens and an Extender, whose combined maximum aperture is f/8.
2. Fixes a phenomenon in which abnormal images may result when continuous shooting mode is enabled and the image size is set to "RAW" or "RAW+JPEG".
(Previous) Version 1.1.1 improvements:
1. Optimizes the camera’s exposure accuracy when using EF 24mm f/2.8 IS USM and EF 28mm f/2.8 IS USM lenses, which introduced in June, 2012.
If these lenses are used with an EOS-1D Mark IV camera that has not been updated with the new firmware, the image may be overexposed depending on the subject and shooting scene.
(Previous) Version 1.1.0 improvements:
1. Improves writing/reading speeds when using UDMA 7-compatible CF cards.
2. Fixes a phenomenon where the ability to shoot movies may be stopped under the following conditions:
* When using high-capacity (32 GB or greater) CF cards with little available space remaining and the user attempts to start shooting movies; or
* When the camera’s battery is removed and reinserted into the camera and the user immediately attempts to start shooting movies.
3. Corrects misspellings in the menu screens displayed in Arabic and Portuguese languages (applies to models outside of the Japanese market only).
(Previous) Version 1.0.8 improvements:
1. Fixes a phenomenon in which the set aperture moves unexpectedly when shooting movies in manual exposure mode using some Canon lenses (such as macro lenses).
This phenomenon involves the aperture of the lens moving unexpectedly when the focusing ring moves (during focusing). Please note that aperture values also change when operating the zoom ring of a zoom lens that has variable maximum aperture values; however, this is a normal operation because the camera controls aperture values properly depending on the focal length (zoom position).
2. Corrects misspellings in the French and Spanish menus for applicable products.
(Previous) Version 1.0.6 improvements:
1. Enhances the AF tracking performance.
AF performance has been enhanced for receding subjects and for subjects that are approaching at a low speed.
All software, programs (including but not limited to drivers), files, documents, manuals, instructions or any other materials (collectively, “Content”) are made available on this site on an "as is" basis.
Canon Marketing (Philippines) Inc., and its affiliate companies (“Canon”) make no guarantee of any kind with regard to the Content, expressly disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied (including, without limitation, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement) and shall not be responsible for updating, correcting or supporting the Content.
Canon reserves all relevant title, ownership and intellectual property rights in the Content. You may download and use the Content solely for your personal, non-commercial use and at your own risks. Canon shall not be held liable for any damages whatsoever in connection with the Content, (including, without limitation, indirect, consequential, exemplary or incidental damages).
You shall not distribute, assign, license, sell, rent, broadcast, transmit, publish or transfer the Content to any other party. You shall also not (and shall not let others) reproduce, modify, reformat or create derivative works from the Content, in whole or in part.
You agree not to send or bring the Content out of the country/region where you originally obtained it to other countries/regions without any required authorization of the applicable governments and/or in violation of any laws, restrictions and regulations.
By proceeding to downloading the Content, you agree to be bound by the above as well as all laws and regulations applicable to your download and use of the Content.