Firmware Version 188.8.131.52.00 incorporates the following enhancements:
For EOS C300 EF only
1. With the CN7x17 KAS S/E1 *1, CN-E18-80mm T4.4 L IS KAS, or CN20x50 IAS H/E1 *1 attached, the following functions are available:
- Metadata, such as the model name and focal distance of the lens attached, can be acquired and displayed on the camera. *2
- Peripheral illumination correction is supported. *2
- Aperture can be adjusted manually by operating the camera's Control Dial. *2
- Settings can be made so that the zoom can be operated using the joystick on the grip unit of the camera.
- The zoom/focus*2/iris*2 can be operated using the separately-sold RC-V100 Remote Controller.
- The focus and iris can be operated via Wi-Fi Remote.*2
- The automatic aperture and Push Auto Iris functions can be used.
2. Support for peripheral illumination correction when the EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM is attached has been added.
For EOS C300 EF/PL
3. Support for the WFT-E8 has been added.
*1 The firmware of the lenses also need to be updated.
*2 For CN7x17 KAS S/E1, support has already been provided in Firmware Version 184.108.40.206.00 or later.
Firmware Version 220.127.116.11.00 is only for EOS C300 cameras without the Dual Pixel CMOS AF Feature Upgrade. If your camera's firmware is already version 18.104.22.168.00, it is not necessary to update the firmware. Once the camera is updated to the latest firmware version, it cannot be restored to a previous version.
If the EOS C300 camera has had the Dual Pixel CMOS AF Feature Upgrade applied, please download Firmware Version 22.214.171.124.00.
Preparations for a firmware update:
After the Firmware update has been performed, the camera's menu settings and custom picture settings will be reset. It is recommended that users save their menu and custom picture settings as settings data to an SD card, separate from the one that will be used to carry out the update, before starting update operations. This saved data can be loaded into the camera and the settings can be changed after the update has been completed. For further information on this, please refer to the section in the camera's user manual titled Saving and Loading Camera Settings.
Once you load the setting data to the camera with the new firmware, you cannot write the data back to the camera with a previous version firmware.
The downloaded firmware folder contains the firmware (File Name: VIA1.FIM, File Size: 35,066,788 bytes) and a procedure manual for updating the firmware (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish and Simplified Chinese). Please check the firmware update procedure manual carefully before starting update operations.
The following items are required to perform this firmware update:
1. A Cinema EOS C300 or EOS C300 PL camera body
2. A computer (OS: Mac OS X)
OS Requirements: Mac OS X (10.7-10.11)
3. A 64 MB or higher-capacity SD/SDHC memory card (both commercially available)
4. An SD card reader/writer (commercially available) or an SD card slot built into the computer
5. A fully charged battery pack for the camera
6. Compact power adapter bundled with the camera
7. The firmware (the downloaded file)
Changes in Firmware Version 126.96.36.199.00:
1. Corrects the tone parameters when [Light Metering] is set to [Backlight] in [Camera Setup] and when specific custom picture settings* are selected.
* If any of the settings below is selected for custom picture settings:
- [Preset Custom Picture Files] is set to [C7:EOS Std.], [C8:Wide DR] or [C9:CINEMA].
- [Color Matrix] is set to [Normal 4], [Cine 1], [Cine 2], [EOS Std.], [Wide DR] or [Canon Log].
Changes in Firmware Version 188.8.131.52.00:
*Common to EOS C300/EOS C300 PL
1. Enables the user to change fan operating mode between On and Automatic. When set to Automatic, the fan turns off during shooting at normal temperature. When the camera temperature rises, the fan starts automatically and lowers the temperature.
*EOS C300 only
2. Enables control of CINE-SERVO lenses using the RC-V100 remote controller.
3. Enables peripheral illumination correction for the following lenses:
EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM
EF-S 10-18mm f/4-5.6 IS STM
EF 400mm f/4L DO IS USM
EF 11-24mm f/4L USM
EF 24-105mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM
EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM
EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM
CN7x17 KAS S/E1
4. When one of the following EF lenses is attached and power is turned off, the lens automatically retracts to its minimum length.
EF 40mm f/2.8 STM
EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM
EF 50mm f/1.8 STM
Changes in Firmware Version 184.108.40.206.00:
1. Shortens the duration until it is possible to start recording when a high-capacity CF card exceeding 128GB is used.
2. Enhances the operability when setting the white balance through an improved user interface.
Changes in Firmware Version 220.127.116.11.00:
1. Compatibility with the Canon RC-V100 Remote Controller has been added.
2. Peripheral illumination correction data has been added for the [CN-E35mm T1.5 L F] EF Cinema lens and the [EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM] EF lens.
3. A phenomenon has been fixed in which the EF Cinema lens' F number was incorrectly displayed with Firmware Version 18.104.22.168.00.
Changes in Firmware Version 22.214.171.124.00:
1. Fixes a phenomenon where the previous Firmware Version 126.96.36.199.00 offered incorrect color balance.
Changes in Firmware Version 188.8.131.52.00:
*EOS C300 Cinema EOS Camera & EOS C300 PL Cinema EOS Camera
1. Ability to move the magnification viewing area around the LCD using the MAGN Function.
2. Support for a 1440x1080 / 35 Mbps recording mode.
3. ISO up to 80,000 has been added.
4. Added functionality to support the optional Canon GPS Receiver GP-E1.
5. A Key Lock menu setting has been added which now makes it possible to lock all operations, including the START/STOP button.
6. Using the optional Canon WFT-E6 Wireless File Transmitter, the camera's remote-control application allows two users to access the same unit via a Wi-Fi link providing simultaneous camera operation and control and metadata input simultaneously.
7. [Lens Exchange] and [ND+]/[ND-] have been added as functions that can be allocated to any assignable button.
8. A new Wide DR Gamma setting provides an expanded dynamic range of 800%.
9. Flicker Reduction has been improved.
*EOS C300 Cinema EOS Camera only
10. Provides Push Auto Iris and One-Shot AF operation.
11. A new AE Shift function and the selection of various light-metering modes are now available when used with some Canon Cinema lenses (EF mount) and Canon EF Lenses.
12. Ability to assign the two control dials to operate either Iris or ISO sensitivity independently.
13. Peripheral Illumination Correction Data has been added for seven (7) Canon Cinema lenses (EF mount) and fifteen (15) Canon EF Lenses.
14. A function has been added to enable continuous focus and iris setting on a subject in the middle of the screen when one of the two EF STM lenses is attached.
Changes in Firmware Version 184.108.40.206.00:
1. Remote control of the WFT-E6 and Wi-Fi peripherals on an ad-hoc connection using iOS6/Safari has been made possible.
2. The polarity of the XLR terminal has been modified to improve compatibility with external audio devices. The pin configuration has been modified to be consistent with the description in the Instruction Manual. Before the Firmware update, the pin configuration for the XLR jack was (pin1: shield, pin2: cold, pin3: hot). After the Firmware update, the pin configuration for the XLR jack will be (pin1: shield, pin2: hot, pin3: cold). The XLR pin configuration meets the international AES standard recommendation. The firmware update will avoid the scenario where use of the unit in combination with a device of different polarity than the XLR terminals would result in reduced sound levels due to a reversal of the phase relationship.
Changes in Firmware Version 220.127.116.11.00:
1. Some of the EF lens products that can be mounted on the camera can be controlled more reliably.
Changes in Firmware Version 18.104.22.168.00:
1. Corrections to the Spanish and German language texts in the View Assistance function [View Assist.].
2. Efforts to correct image color fringing when a subject is of high contrast have been made.
Changes in Firmware Version 22.214.171.124.00:
1. Minor corrections to simplified Chinese language menus.
Changes in Firmware Version 126.96.36.199.00:
1. Genlock synchronization can now be used to synchronize the camcorder's 24.00P, 24.00PsF, 23.98P, and 23.98PsF input signals. By updating the firmware, the camcorder will also support the following signals, in addition to those it already supports.
1080/59.94i, 1080/29.97PsF, 1080/60.00i, 1080/23.98PsF, 1080/23.98P, 1080/24.00PsF, 1080/24.00P, 720/59.94P, 720/60.00P, 720/23.98P, 720/24.00P, 480/59.94i, 1080/50.00i, 1080/25.00PsF, 720/50.00P, and 480/50.00i
2. Adds the Korean language to the camcorder's menu.
All software, programs (including but not limited to drivers), files, documents, manuals, instructions or any other materials (collectively, “Content”) are made available on this site on an "as is" basis.
Canon Marketing (Philippines) Inc., and its affiliate companies (“Canon”) make no guarantee of any kind with regard to the Content, expressly disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied (including, without limitation, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement) and shall not be responsible for updating, correcting or supporting the Content.
Canon reserves all relevant title, ownership and intellectual property rights in the Content. You may download and use the Content solely for your personal, non-commercial use and at your own risks. Canon shall not be held liable for any damages whatsoever in connection with the Content, (including, without limitation, indirect, consequential, exemplary or incidental damages).
You shall not distribute, assign, license, sell, rent, broadcast, transmit, publish or transfer the Content to any other party. You shall also not (and shall not let others) reproduce, modify, reformat or create derivative works from the Content, in whole or in part.
You agree not to send or bring the Content out of the country/region where you originally obtained it to other countries/regions without any required authorization of the applicable governments and/or in violation of any laws, restrictions and regulations.
By proceeding to downloading the Content, you agree to be bound by the above as well as all laws and regulations applicable to your download and use of the Content.