Users of the EOS 7D MK II Remote Shooting with Camera Connect App with Camera Running Firmware Version 1.1.1
We have updated Version 1.1.2 which resolves this issue as described in our original announcement on 17 May 2017.
Firmware Version 1.1.2 incorporates the following fix:
Corrects the phenomenon in which remote shooting with the Camera Connect App is not possible after connecting the EOS 7D Mark II to a smartphone via the Wi-Fi Adapter W-E1.
- This phenomenon only occurs when the firmware was updated from Version 1.0.5 or earlier to Version 1.1.1.
- There is no need to update the firmware if the firmware was updated from Version 1.1.0 to Version 1.1.1, or if the EOS 7D Mark II was equipped with Firmware Version 1.1.1 at the time of purchase.
Download Firmware Version 1.1.2 ( Windows / MacOS )
Thank you for using Canon products.
A communication error has been discovered when using the EOS 7D Mark II running Firmware Version 1.1.1, which version was released on April 27, 2017, in combination with the Wi-Fi Adapter W-E1.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to customers, and we ask for your ongoing patience
Remote shooting with the Camera Connect App is not possible after connecting the EOS 7D Mark II to a smartphone via the Wi-Fi Adapter W-E1.
EOS 7D Mark II Digital SLR Camera
Units that have been updated from Firmware Version 1.0.5 or earlier to Firmware Version 1.1.1
*This phenomenon will not occur if the camera meets either of the two conditions below:
- If the camera has been updated from Firmware Version 1.1.0 to Firmware Version 1.1.1.
- If the camera was already equipped with Firmware Version 1.1.1 at the time of purchase.
We are currently making preparations to correct this phenomenon with the release of a firmware update in early June.
In the meantime, the tentative countermeasure is as follows.
Firmware Version 1.1.1 will no longer be available for download, and Firmware Version 1.1.0 will be made available for download again.
Users whose camera is affected by this phenomenon are asked to download Firmware Version 1.1.0 and install Firmware Version 1.1.0 onto the camera.
If you want the improvements and fixes provided in Firmware Version 1.1.1* applied to your camera, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region and make a request for your camera to be re-updated to Firmware Version 1.1.1.
*Improvements and fixes provided in Firmware Version 1.1.1:
- Enhances reliability of communications when transferring images using Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E7A.
- Corrects the phenomenon of Err70 which occurs with certain combinations of settings.
- Corrects the very rare phenomenon in which the shutter can no longer be released.
- Enhances reliability of operations for specific custom function settings.
Contact Information for Inquiries
Please contact your nearest service center on the availability date for servicing.