Changes in firmware:
Firmware Version 2.0.0 is incorporated with the following functional improvement.
1. Support for Combination IS when the lens is mounted to the EOS M5, which coordinates optical IS and in-camera digital IS for improved stabilization effects in movies.
2. Support for the new scene mode "panning" which reduces subject blurring when the lens is mounted to the EOS M5.
This firmware update is for lenses equipped with firmware version older than 2.0.0. If the lens firmware is already Version 2.0.0, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
The version of the lens firmware can be checked on the camera menu.
- The new functions are available only when the lens is mounted to the EOS M5 camera.
- The EF-M15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM units bundled in the EOS M5 kits come with the updated firmware. This firmware update is released for users who purchased an EF-M15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM prior to the EOS M5 camera.
Preparations for the firmware update:
In the folder you downloaded are the firmware (file name: EF011200.lfu / file size: 1,441,844 bytes) and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish, and Simplified Chinese). Before starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to carefully confirm your understanding of these instructions.
Prepare the items required to update the firmware.
2. Compatible camera
(Please see the firmware download page for a list of supported cameras.)
3. Dedicated Battery Pack (The battery pack must be fully charged) or dedicated AC Adapter Kit (Optional)
4. SD card (64MB or more)
5. Firmware update file (you can download it from Canon’s Website.)
All software, programs (including but not limited to drivers), files, documents, manuals, instructions or any other materials (collectively, “Content”) are made available on this site on an "as is" basis.
Canon Marketing (Philippines) Inc., and its affiliate companies (“Canon”) make no guarantee of any kind with regard to the Content, expressly disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied (including, without limitation, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement) and shall not be responsible for updating, correcting or supporting the Content.
Canon reserves all relevant title, ownership and intellectual property rights in the Content. You may download and use the Content solely for your personal, non-commercial use and at your own risks. Canon shall not be held liable for any damages whatsoever in connection with the Content, (including, without limitation, indirect, consequential, exemplary or incidental damages).
You shall not distribute, assign, license, sell, rent, broadcast, transmit, publish or transfer the Content to any other party. You shall also not (and shall not let others) reproduce, modify, reformat or create derivative works from the Content, in whole or in part.
You agree not to send or bring the Content out of the country/region where you originally obtained it to other countries/regions without any required authorization of the applicable governments and/or in violation of any laws, restrictions and regulations.
By proceeding to downloading the Content, you agree to be bound by the above as well as all laws and regulations applicable to your download and use of the Content.